Tuesday 6 September 2011

The Fall Crunch

This may sounds crazy, but I have already started thinking about Christmas. The summer always seems to lull me to sleep, and then BANG! Fall comes, and things sneak up on me at a feverish pace. There seem to be quite a few fall birthdays in my family and friend bubble, extra-curricular activities start-up again, Thanksgiving dinner needs to be planned in advance, not to mention the tornado that is back to school. And just when you least suspect it, Christmas is only a few weeks away and that Canada Post parcel deadline has already passed. Darn it.

Which leads me to this self-observation: I have become that crazy-Christmas lady. You know that lady that begins buying Christmas presents in the summer, or even at last Christmas' rejects from the sale bin? I am that lady. Maybe it is the control-freak in me that seems to shine this season of the year. There is something about Labour Day weekend that kicks me in the ass with planning. I have already purchased two Christmas gifts! TWO! I blame it on retailers, really. Halloween candy and costumes have been on the shelves for weeks now, which seems a bit excessive if you ask me.

So if you happen to receive a Christmas gift from me this year, I hope you appreciate it, because I have been planning it for months!

No comments:

Post a Comment