Wednesday 23 November 2011

Slow-Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup

Lordy, lordy... did this soup ever turn out to be the most delicious butternut squash soup I have ever slurped. Yummy! Oh, and did I mention it took only 5 minutes to make and then it cooked all day in my slow-cooker? Well it did. When I walked through the door tonight and got a whiff of this soup, I instantly started drooling.

I paired it with ham and swiss sandwiches and we all gobbled it up. What a nice treat on a cold winter's day.

Enjoy!

Ingredients (adapted from www.canadianparents.com)

  • 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 2 small apple, diced (I used McIntosh)
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
  • Salt & Pepper

 

Directions

  1. Sauté onions and apples until tender.
  2. Add curry powder and stir. Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
  3. Top apples and onions with butternut squash pieces
  4. Pour chicken broth to cover. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir.
  5. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Puree with immersion blender, add milk and stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment