Thursday 9 June 2011

Father's Day Gift Ideas

As my Dad gets older, each Father's Day becomes slightly more difficult. What could he possibly need? At this stage in my Dad's life, he buys whatever he wants. There are no braces, band trips or hockey registration fees he needs to pay for, so if he sees a fishing pole he likes, he buys it. As a result, Ellen and I are continually racking our brains trying to think of something he would really like, other than a night with Shania Twain.

Now Brent on the other hand, only has a few Father's Days under his tool belt. He still needs man-things, like jockstraps, drills and shirts&ties. So if you are looking for a gift to round-out your Father's Day present, here are two books that I think are fantastic for dads. Coincidentally, they both contain the word 'shit' in the title, so they may be only appropriate for those dads who have children who cannot read. Let me rephrase that, children whom have not yet learned how to read, as they are four and under.

I was going to pass along that both of these books are available on amazon.ca, but since Canada Post is on vacation (kidding!), you should be able to pick it up at a local bookstore. I mean, if I can find these both in Yellowknife, you should have no problem.
  1. Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern
          This is a great book that I have given out as a gift to new dads.
          It is laugh-out-loud hilarious, and a light and easy read.

  1. Sh*t My Kids Ruined by Julie Hass Brophy
         This book is freakin' hilarious. It is filled with pictures of objects, pets,
          hairstyles, and even teeth that people's kids have literally destroyed.
          Very funny, very cute, and also makes me a little nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment