Saturday 4 June 2011

Man-tors, the saga continues

*** For the safety and welfare of some of my contributors, names, dates and locations may have been changed***

Well, men. Aren't we getting our tightey-whiteys in a bunch over my 'Man-tor' idea. I have received, what I can only describe as hate mail, from our male readers from coast to coast. I was going to take it easy on you all, until I got a call from one of my favorite female northern residents (rhymes with SchmKaren), who, as an  unrelated sidenote had the best bachelorette party this territory has ever seen, reminded me of an incident that really highlights the crucial need for the implementation of the  'Man-tor' program.

I believe that if there is any message to take away from this lively discussion, it is this: Men, learn from the mistakes of your fallen comrades. Take notes. If your friend buys your wife a membership to Curves for her birthday, do not get YOUR wife a one-year subscription to Weight Watchers online for hers. You saw your friend, the dead eyes, the dirty shirt, the look of regret. (I don't know anyone stupid enough to do this, by the way. This is just a hypothetical situation to make a point, but I had you goin' there for a second)

And for God's sakes (and this one is a true story, so hold on to your hats), if your friend's 9-months pregnant wife (rhymes with Smangela) takes the time to pack-up Christmas presents and chocolates for all of their friends living in an isolated, northern community in the Northwest Territories (rhymes with Smort Hood Goat), and takes the time to forewarn him about its imminent arrival three weeks before Christmas, and your friend forgets this warning, and thinks everything in the box is a care package for him from his thoughtful and loving wife, and eats/gives away all of the chocolates and opens the presents, and nearly gets divorced and loses visitation rights to his unborn child, for THE LOVE OF GOD, man, don't do the same thing to your pregnant wife a mere four months later.

(I realize the previous paragraph was essentially one terribly long run-on sentence, so to the English teachers out there, I apologize)

This story highlights two items for me. One, beer is killing brain cells at a seriously rapid pace, and two, one 'Man-tor' session could have prevented all of this.

Viva la revolution

Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment