Friday 3 June 2011

Garage Sale


So, my friend Michelle and I are hosting a garage sale at her place tomorrow morning. At first, I really thought it sounded like a great idea, where I could purge some crap from the house (especially when your house is a trailer the size of someone else's recreational vehicle).

So last weekend, I started wading through our sea of stuff, deciding the fate of our possessions, and which items could stay, and which could go. But then it hit me....garage sales are a lot of work!!! I've been searching, lugging, dusting, labelling, boxing, and carrying this stuff out to the car all week. And Lord help me if I forget to hide this stuff out of Sophie's view. She can't figure out what her Handy Manny doll is doing in the back of the Matrix.

So we'll see tomorrow if it was all worth it. Michelle and I are thinking about taking our earnings and treating ourselves to hot-stone massages at Merle Norman. God, she's a genius, 'cause we'll both need them after this garage sale.

Ange

P.S. Garage sales/flea markets/yard sales always remind me of a time when we were living in Summerside (I think I was 10), and Mom, Dad, Mark, Ellen and I spent a week preparing for a trip to the local flea market. Now, if you know anything at all about my Dad organizing this type of event, it wasn't the most stress-free family memory. But we did it. We made it to the flea market with allof our wares in a little trailer that we hauled behind our Ford Bronco. And after that exhausting morning, we made somewhere close to $400 if I remember correctly....which all went towards fixing the gaping hole that the trailer put into the side of our Bronco as SOMEONE (I won't say who) was backing into our driveway. :) Oh Happy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment